On January 28, 2019, Génome Québec took part in pre-budget consultations led by the ministère des Finances du Québec.
A submission was tabled. Developed with a focus on wealth creation and economic development, the document aligns with our 2018-2023 strategic plan. It features five recommendations:
- Support the creation and launch of a genomic data centre dedicated to research and clinical applications;
- Support Génome Québec in developing a world-class centre for expertise and services;
- Capitalize on the industrial potential of genomics as a way of increasing competitiveness in key economic sectors;
- Strengthen Génome Québec’s genomics education mandate;
- Ensure the Québec government’s continued commitment to Génome Québec.